d' Unwithering Flower...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

After a year..

It’s been a year my dear grandmother passed away. Sekejap je kan, I remember last year I woke up and there’s a SMS saying, “Hold yourself together and sorry that you’re alone to hear this, Nenek passed away this morning. Call me or any other family members. We’ll be waiting for your call”. It was 8:05am, as hard as I hold my tears but I failed. And on my screen, couple friends already send their condolence message; I guess the news has spread. Email from my brother was the hardest thing to read ever, it was from the moment Nenek passed away until she was brought back to Terengganu from IJN. There were no words to describe, just tears. Until today I still keep that email in my inbox, just couldn’t delete it.

It was a tough day, I know I can’t stay at home I’ll just cry one whole day. I promise that I’ll be strong and accept that it’s her time to go. I survived; I have to, it’s a busy schedule that day. If I’m not mistaken, there were two mandatory meetings to attend, two important lectures and one report due. Busy and sad day.

After a year a lot of things change, her cicit dah tambah 4 orang and two more coming this summer, two of my cousins got married, three graduated, one went to Mesir and one still in States (entah bila nak balik). It’s a brand new world today. When I go back this year, I’ll visit my grandma’s new home for the very first time. I really missed her, she’s my only grandma. As I’m writing this, all memories with her just keep coming so as the tears.

qlin ~ Al-Fatihah buat Nenek and moga ditempatkan bersama orang-orang beriman. Amin.
posted by lisanwar at 11:25 PM

<< Home